Saturday, March 6, 2010

Is It Just Me?...


My morning routine goes something like this.

4 a.m. Have a hot flash. Wake up. Try to go back to sleep.

5 a.m. Husbands alarm goes off. I finally fall asleep.

5:30 My alarm goes off. I hit the snooze for two more minutes of pillow hugging goodness.

5:32 I turn on the remote from my bed to listen to the news. I get out of bed and get ready for work. (All that brushing, washing, blow drying, stand in the closet and stare at my clothes and what not.)

It used to be that I would listen to the news, get some important world information and then head to work.

My husband likes CNN Headline news. I used to like HLN .... until YouTube.

Is it just me or has the news gotten really immature? Are we really this stupid that news has become what's on YouTube and what happened on television shows the night before? Wow, "late breaking". I watch The Soup for that sort of information.
If it weren't for Robin Mead's good looks I think I could talk my husband into another news channel in the morning. Bosom power. Damn you Robin.

6:00 am Get in my car for my hour long commute to work. Turn on N.P.R.

P.S. Note to news centers. I can read the newspaper all by myself.

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

I never watch tv or listen to the radio in the morning...especially not news. My brain is not ready to think about the news until later in the day. I like to keep my mind in a cocoon until noon or so!