Saturday, September 11, 2010

The one that got away.

Arghhh. Last night after work I was killing some time before I had to meet my husband. Of course my favorite way to kill time is to hit a nearby thrift store. There is an unwritten rule of thrifters that if your hand is on an item it is yours until you let go. Last night I let go.

I'm so mad at myself. I love to buy original art. There was a pretty fantastic painting of cactus available. I was pondering the purchase and decided to think on it. I'm not sure why I was even hesitating. The price was so right. The place was not busy and no one appeared to be looking at the art along the wall. The SECOND I backed away from the painting some guy ran up behind me an took the painting.

It's like a fish story about the one that got away.

Thrift rule #1... hold on to it until you are sure you do not want it.

No comments: