Saturday, May 17, 2008

HOV Commute, over 10,000 Served





In Arizona some of our highways have what is called an HOV lane. (High Occupancy Vehicle). To drive in this lane during rush hour you must have at least two people in your car.



Those of you who know me have heard me speak about my long commute to work. Last year I bought a hybrid car. With fuel prices rising I needed a car that got better gas mileage. When I bought my car I got in on the bonus plan, an opportunity for a tax credit AND a chance to drive in the HOV lane thus reducing my daily driving time.



The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles had a program for alternative fuel vehicles whereby if you had a certain type of hybrid car you could purchase a special license tag that would allow you to drive in the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane without meeting the 2 in a car criteria.


The DMV was offering this special plate with a limit of 10,000 plates to be offered. This week they sold the last plate! Wow, that did not take long.



I am so appreciative of owning this tag. It has made my life just a little easier. Thank you DMV. (Never thought I would say that)

No comments: