Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sonoran Dog Day Afternoon


You may have heard me rave about the local hot dog called a Sonoran Dog. It's a hot dog wrapped in bacon on a big soft hot dog bun. These dogs are normally topped with grilled onions, pinto beans, fresh tomatoes, mayo. Actually I think you could put anything on thes dogs and they would be great.
So above is my first attempt at making them at home. Pretty darn tasty. The next time I make these I am going to use some superior local bacon from the Queen Creek Pork Shop. I can hardly wait.
Here is a link to a short history of the Sonoran Dog and similar versions from the masa assassin. His photos are way better than mine.

2 comments:

Masa Assassin said...

yummmm you have me craving these now :) might have to make these at home I dont think Im going to be in Arizona for a while :)Thanks for the comments on my photos.

QCEVO said...

Masa Assassin, I'm a fan.