Saturday, September 12, 2009

Let's Hug it Out

Drama at the office this week has me analyzing myself and the people I work with. If you are like me and work in an office full of complicated people maybe the following prayer/mantra will help you too.


Words to Live By..

People are often unreasonable & self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are honest, people may cheat you.
Be honest anyway.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, may be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
It never was between, You and Them anyway.

Mother Teresa

2 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I think I should print this and hang it by my desk. Luckily, most of the people I work with aren't too complicated. I'm pretty lucky.

gitsy said...

Recently I have been saying this from "Short Prayers for
Busy Women":

God,
I hate my job. But I need it.
See me through today, and keep me from doing something stupid.
Help me come another step closer to other work that better suits me. Amen.