Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ghosts of Halloween Past

My sister and I back in the day when plastic masks were the rage.

I have always loved Halloween. My mother used to make us some pretty cute costumes when we were children. As my sisters and I became young adults we would really get into the costume spirit. The tradition continued when I got married and my husband and I used to throw an annual bash.
My hubby back in the day. Yes, I sewed this fabulous costume myself.

Me and hubby. Not sure what my costume was but it was comfortable.


My Sister B from Maine - you guessed it.

My sisters and I as women riding circus elephants. I'm on the right. (old photos)

Our lives have calmed down and we no longer hold the Halloween parties. In fact we don't seem to know enough adults that enjoy getting dressed up for a party.
I leave my efforts to the trick or treaters. This year we had 105 trick or treaters at our home this year.

I miss the old excitement of the holiday. Regrettably I bought too much candy this year and have a ton left over. What am I going to do with it all?

No comments: