Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Goodbye Cruel Uterus

I come from a large family. A very large extended family. My Mom had eight siblings. Technically thirteen but that's another story. Many of my Aunts had over eight children and I come from a family of six children. Breeding comes naturally to those born into our family.... and then.... there's me.


My husband and I did not have children. I am one of the few in my family that did not procreate. At one time I thought I would but at the moment I'm OK with not having children.


The thing is that my uterus has complained. "What the hell", my uterus says to me. "If you aren't going to use me I'm going to remind you constantly that I am here and unused."


I've had some crazy female issues for a while now. I won't go into too much detail but I've recently been advised to have a hysterectomy. I'm so ready.


I met with the surgeon who seems very nice and experienced. I just can't picture the actual operation and someone actually removing it from my body. I've googled a few photos and it looks sort of gross.


When I had my visit with my OBGYN and then my surgeon they both said "Has anyone ever told you that you have a huge uterus?" I'm like, "No, just a big ass."


So anyways I keep thinking about it's largeness. I sort of would like to see it but then again maybe not. I joked with my husband that I would ask them to put it in a jar and then I could maybe sell it on e-bay. Oh yeah, that would be a hot item. I also wonder if anyone has ever asked the doctor to take a photo of it once it was removed. No! I'm not going to do that, but it did cross my mind. I am a curious person.


So, this is how I am celebrating 2010 - uterus free!


No comments: