Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hola Tomatoes!

So excited. I actually have baby tomatoes on the vine. I hope I can keep these plants alive long enough to actually eat one. I am disgusted with grocery store tomatoes. They are waxy and have no taste. I am growing a few plants in a pot. It gets pretty hot here in Arizona so I need to watch them carefully and be sure they get enough water.

I noticed a lizard hanging around my little garden. I'm hoping he does not get the first taste.


Our backyard cactus had it's first bloom. It is about years old and looks like it is going to really put on a show. The blooms don't last long so I am taking photos almost every day.




A close-up photo of an ocotillo cactus flower. These blooms won't be around long either.


Happy spring everybody!

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

That first tomato always makes me giddy too. And I love the blooming cacti.