Friday, December 24, 2010

Cookies Now and Then


Christmas week is a time when I get my fill of sweets. I love chocolate and most sweets. This week I made my father-in-laws famous caramel corn. This may be a new tradition for me. It was not as good as his but I will keep working on it.

Those who know me know how much I love vintage items. This past month I founds some wonderful vintage cookie cutters in excellent condition. They reminded me of my childhood as these were the type that I remember us having at our home where I grew up. The Christmas cutters always featured a Santa, a bell, an angel and usually a reindeer.


Some of the older cutter sets also contained a camel. When was the last time you at a camel cookie?

I also happened upon a very nice vintage Betty Crocker Cookie book that brings back memories also. Now in the modern age I have a wonderful nephew who is becoming quite the cookie baker. His new Christmas cookies are called Ninja Bread cookies. I think they are adorable!



No comments: