Monday, June 23, 2008

What $10 Will Get You

Sunday my husband and I hit the thrift stores for something to do. I ended up buying a few books. I spent $10.94 for six books. Now, I don't need six more books as I have a stack of summer reading already, however the price was right.

I bought a cat book. Can't read enough about cats.
I bought a book of answers from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson. I love reading about the area and when visitors come I usually place a couple of local magazines or an informative book about the area in the guest bedroom.
I also purchased a book titled "My Forbidden Face, Growing up under the Taliban: A young Woman's Story" Sounds interesting.
Running with Scissors is a book I've wanted to read for a while. Bought it.
A hardbound copy of "Rescuing Patty Hearst, memories from a decade gone mad". Hope it's good.

And an extra copy of one of my favorites, "The Time Traveler's Wife". Love this book. I'll probably give this copy to a friend.

Most of the books were $1.99 or $2.99. There are a couple of thrift stores I visit that have books for a better price but when the original price is $23 - $30, $1.99 feels good.

My mother-in-law is an avid reader. Nothing makes her happier than paying .25 cents for a paperback at a book sale or flea market. I'm just keeping the tradition alive.

No comments: