Sunday, June 1, 2008

Free Stuff for Catholics


I had a little giggle this morning. I was up early perusing Craigslist. I love looking at the Pets category and also the Free category.
There was an ad with the title "Framed Pictures for Catholics". The ad read: "We are moving and have some pictures of Mary and Joseph that we can't take along with us. Will give to any Catholics who would want them. Available on June 1st only since we are moving. "
First thought - Why so exclusionary? Other people might love Mary and Joseph too. I guess they don't want those framed prints to get into the wrong hands.
Second thought - So sad that they did not have enough room to take their holy pictures.
Third thought - It's so nice that they did not throw them away and offered them for free on Craigslist.
I love Craigslist and love the fact that you can still get something for free in this world. God Bless Craigslist.

No comments: