Sunday, November 9, 2008

Honkey Love

Honkey 1, 2 and 3. No not THAT kind of Honkey! Honkey as in the honking stuffed sheep toy that my cat Gary LOVES! And when I say love, I mean love.

When our cat Gary adopted us at the animal shelter we did not want him to be lonely. I went to PetsMart and bought him this cute white stuffed sheep. If you pressed on his body it would make a honking sound. We named the toy Honkey.

Note the rip in Honkey 1? Gary removed the honker.

Gary really took to Honkey. He liked him so much he even humped the poor thing. (All of the time). I figured that at the rate he was going I would need some spare Honkey's so I marched back to PetsMart and bought two more sheep and stored them in the closet for later.

Notice how flat the first two Honkeys are compared to his new Honkey.


We think that since Gary was older when we adopted him that he was not fixed until he was mature. We think this may be why he humps his toys. He normally does a little dance on Honkey first (notice the flatness on the dolls) and then he falls down and humps it. He evidently loves an audience too since he frequently dances with Honkey when we have company. (He's not shy). We have watched as he has walked into a room with Honkey in his teeth and then drop it down on the floor and put on a show for visitors.

I may have to go on a Honkey search soon as we are on our final Honkey (Honkey 3). I did find a larger version of Honkey (Honkey Kong) at TJ Maxx onde day but he has no interest in it. I think it's too big for his taste.

Honkey Kong - too intimidating.

Gary & Honkey 2
Honkey love is the best!




No comments: