Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Leavings


Well, Thanksgiving is over and all that is left is the "leavings". We had WAY too much food this year. My cousins who are excellent cooks were in town and created some wonderful dishes. My sister-in-law brought over her specialties and I made a few of my own. The problem is storage. My fridge was and still is so close to an avalanche. My husband and I need to start eating leftovers pronto.

Thanksgiving was so good. We had turkey with root vegetables. I personally had never eaten fennel before (that I know of) and I have declared it pretty tasty. We had a beautiful spinach souffle, roasted butternut squash, cranberries, Bourbon sweet potato casserole, devilled eggs and the list goes on.

After a whole day of prep it took us about 10 minutes to be full. We could only put a spoonful of each on the plate because we wanted to try a little of everything.

The cousins have now left and I am sitting in my bathrobe blogging and thinking about getting out my Christmas decorations. On to the next holiday.

No comments: