Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Corn

Wow, we had a lot going on this week. My husbands family is in town for Christmas. His brother moved to Arizona this year and now lives three miles down the road. Part of the family is staying at our h0me and part of the family at their home.

Compared to my own family T's family is small. It consists of T's parents whom we call G&G, T's brother and his wife, and T's sister, her husband and two children, a boy and a girl. So there are ten of us in all. The grand kids are now college aged and are the life of the party for sure. Very smart, very fun. They are adored by all.

Logistics this week have been interesting. We've tried to get everyone together each day at least for dinner. We've had lots of activities around the house that mainly consisted of cooking, eating, playing scrabble. Jr. enlightened me on how to cheat on Scrabble online. Scrabble is my new addiction. The kids brought their laptops so we are laptop central in the kitchen.


Before everyone arrived I ordered some gourmet popcorn from Dale & Thomas. Awesome popcorn. Many exciting flavors. I figured I'd have it available for snacking throughout the week. What I didn't know was that the family loves to make their own snacks. What kind you say?....



.... popCORN balls, caramel CORN and peanut brittle.



I have more corn than a hog farm right now.


On top of all of the sugary popcorn snacks we also have available fudge, Peach/blackberry pie, german garlic sausage, deer sausage, pepper sticks and various cheeses. If this was not enough to start off a major farting contest, I plan on making bean soup with our leftover ham to be sure the week ends in an explosive digestive bang.


P.S. we are going out for Mexican tonight. Aiyeeeeeee!

No comments: