Saturday, December 13, 2008

Trimming the Tree

I usually use decorating my Christmas tree to boost myself into the holiday spirit. I get kind of scroogy and need all of the help I can get. I WISH the tree above was in my living room. That is actually from the lobby of Green Valley Ranch Resort in Las Vegas. I was there recently and the decorations at the hotel were stunning. My tree is a much smaller pencil tree that fits perfectly in the corner of the entryway to my home.

So far Gary the cat has been a good boy and not tried to climb the tree. He does however love to hide under the skirt and ambush passerbys when he gets the chance.

Every year I add an ornament or two to my collection. The tree is getting pretty full but I'm not stopping now. Many of the ornaments I have are gifts from friends or relatives and they remind me of that person when I trim the tree.

This week a good friend in Tucson gave me this beautiful western Santa ornament. I just love him. He's holding a ristra of horseshoes and even has little spurs on his boots. Too cute.

I also love his chaps.

Of course I love cats and this fat cat ornament always makes me smile.

Here is my chubby mistletoe fairy. The ornament itself is quite heavy but I just love his little face and body.
I didn't realize that I liked fairies so much but here is another favorite of mine.
The Santa below is a gift from a friend in Ohio. This was shipped to me last year but this is my first year displaying it. He of course is another Western Santa.

He is pretty cute and all decked out in a a Southwestern themed outfit complete with a silver western belt buckle.Thanks to friends D. from Ohio and K. from Tucson for the addition to my holiday decor. Thanks so much for thinking of me.

No comments: