Sunday, December 14, 2008

Succumbed

I have succumbed. There was a time when I would never have dreamed that I would wear a Christmas sweater. I started to appreciate Christmas sweaters when I lived in South Carolina. I had a co-worker who wore one practically every day in December. She had some of the most adorable sweaters.

I must admit that I now own three Christmas sweaters and am trying to wear them in the next week or so because they will have to be retired to the sweater box after the holiday.

I don't know if I just hit a certain age and decided WTF I'm going to start wearing beaded, glittery Christmas themed shit but I'm accepting it now. In my own defense I only buy the good ones, not too ugly.

I always wanted to attend an Ugly Christmas Sweater party. I love to thrift and have seen my share of hideous sweaters on the racks.

I ran across an old article on the web where some women "re-mixed" some Christmas sweaters and made them into other "usable" items. I thought they were inventive and funny. See photos below:

A lamp shade.
A tea cozy.
My favorite, a tire cover.


A festive chair back cover.
Dang, I need to get to work. I'm sure my friends could use some wool tissue box covers or thongs for the holiday season.

No comments: