Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beads R Us


Intent beaders at work.

I recently decided I need to have more human interaction outside of work. Sometimes it feels like all I do is go to work and back. I decided to invite some women over for lunch and a beading party.

A few years back I started a few beading projects and beaded profusely for a year or two. I used to like to work with very small beads called Delicas. Shortly thereafter I started wearing reading glasses. Hmmmm, I wonder if there was a correlation?

It seems like when I moved to Arizona I stopped beading. So for this party, I decided that I would put my beads out there at the party and let my friends pick and choose what they wanted to use and to make a necklace, bracelet or earrings.

I wish I would have taken more photos. It was pretty fun. We had some good food, wine and everyone went home with some home-made jewelry. We spread out in two rooms and set up extra tables for supplies.

A few of the invitees ended up being beaders also and brought some supplies to share. There were some pretty creative pieces made.


Some of the beading supplies.

I have one new friend, L, that I met on the internet who came. This was the first time we met. She ended up being such a nice person and interesting too. I'm so glad I invited her.



My finished project.

I need to do this more often. Life is good.

2 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

- More beading parties sounds like a good idea. Glad to read and see photos of it. Thank you for sharing!

--Dave
at Rings & Things

QCEVO said...

Dave,It was a fun get together and re-sparked my interest in the supplies I already have.