Monday, February 2, 2009

Dennys Super Bowl Special


During the Superbowl there was an advertisement from Denny's that they are offering a free Grand Slam breakfast this Tuesday, February 3rd from 6/2.


Now they had this breakfast over 20 years ago. Two Eggs, Two Pancakes, Two Bacon and Two Sausage links. Why do I know this? See photo above.
Yes, this photo is over 20 years old. I worked at a Denny's in my hometown on the swing shift. This was a rowdy Denny's that got crazy after all of the bars closed. I could carry six of their heavy plates on one arm back then. Damn I was a good waitress. Denny's holds a special place in my heart.


See link below for details.


2 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

That uniform looks kind of space age! It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

QCEVO said...

It was hard work but a fun job too. This was the after hours "Gay Denny's". The customers were the most diverse crowd ever on a weekend night.