Sunday, April 13, 2008

Performance Anxiety

A cowboy.
My employer had a team building event this week at Old Tucson Studios. I was dreading this event as I envisioned myself running a marathon race while all of my co-workers looked on watching me as my non-athletic body jiggled and I ended up falling over breathing heavy and coughing and vomiting. Too embarrassing. The next envisioned scenario was me causing my team to lose some easy event and be forever branded a loser and the last pick for any future events. I might win a Cosmo drinking contest but probably not a foot race. (hmmm, I may have to suggest that for our next all staff event).


A building on main street.
As it turned out we did split up into teams. We did have to perform some timed events (dressing a goat in human clothes) and a few semi-athletic games (three legged barrel race). All in all it was good clean fun and I wasn't carried out on a stretcher.

A shoot out. I think everyone was shot. Good times.


The slowest car on earth.

Old Tucson Studios was nice enough. It was used to make some old movies like High Chaparral. They hold some dramatic old timey cowboy bank robberies and have cowboy characters all around the little town. I think it would be a great place to take children. They have plenty of safe amusements for kids including a scary walk through a haunted mine.


At least I didn't have to ride a horse - another recently realized anxiety.




All in all the day was good. We had good weather. I got to interact with a few co-workers and had a few good laughs. I sure wish I had photos of the goat dressing though.

No comments: