Friday, April 25, 2008

Screw Top Drinking



This blog is for Gitsy. We grew up in a home where drinking was not a sin even if you were underage. Don't get me wrong we weren't allowed to do shots or anything but a little beer or wine was no biggie for us. Most of our family celebrations were and still are centered around food and drink. I was at the grand opening of Bevmo in our neighborhood tonight and HAD to buy this for nostalgia. I barely remember what it tastes like except that it was sweet and I thought I was drinking champagne. This nectar of the gods was a favorite of Gitsy's. ( I liked it too). It came in tiny bottles and sometimes our Mother would buy them for us if we asked nicely. I'll give a review once it is chilled and I actually drink it.
ahhh, good times.

2 comments:

Gitsy said...

Would you believe I do not remember Baby Cham? My early drinking memories involve Lambrusco and Little Kings Cream Ale. I think of Felish every time I see the Saint Pauli Girl. But Baby Cham? Nada. Must be early Alzheimer's. I'm glad you still remember.

QCEVO said...

Just so everyone knows, the Baby Cham stunk. I could not drink it. Yikes. I'm glad my palate has become more selective as I got older. Remind me not to try sloe gin or boones farm. Same difference.