Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Artistic Approach to Recycling



In keeping with my Art theme this week I wanted to show a real artist not the smart ass tongue in cheek art of my two previous posts.
Saturday I attended an Arts in the Park event at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum, one of my favorite places. There were some awesome artists there but this time there was actually someone exhibiting that I know personally.
The artist is Jenn and she makes these wonderful rustic crosses from wood and found items from the Arizona desert.
My photos do not do them justice but here is a small sampling from her show this weekend.

It's hard to see in this shaded photos but I love this piece of tree hung art made of found wood from Lake Roosevelt.
If you'd like to take a better look please go to the following link...

Have a great rest of the weekend and enjoy an artful life.

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

My MIL would gladly buy up every single one of these.